1. A compiler converts the entire program into executable code before running, when running the program only the executable version of the code is running. An interpreter converts the code during run time, it converts the code 1 line at a time at the time that it is running.
Advantages of interpreter are :
- Interpreters are useful for program development when execution speed is not important. As the interpreter is in command of the execution process debugging features can be build in.
- Debugging is easier since the interpreter stops when it encounters an error. If an error is deducted there is no need to re translate the whole program.
- There is no lengthy “compile time”, i.e. you do not have to wait between writing a program and running it, for it to compile. As soon as you have written a program, you can run it.
Disadvantages if interpreter is Interpreters normally translate and execute programs line by line, converting each program statement into a sequence of machine code instructions and executing these instructions without retaining the translated version.
2. -Major benefit of OOP is the ability to reuse and modify existing objects.
-RAD (rapid application development) is a method of developing software, in which a programmer writes and implements a program in segments instead of waiting until the entire program is completed. Users begin working with sections of the program as they are completed.
3. An IDE (integrated development environment) includes tools for building graphical user interfaces, an editor for entering program code, a compiler and/or interpreter, and a debugger.
Describe the programming languages in the Visual Studio suite.
- Visual Basic is a programming language that allows programmers easily to build complex task-oriented object-based pro grams.
- Visual C++ is a programming language based on C++. Not only is Visual C++ a powerful object-oriented pro gramming language, it enables program mers to write Windows, Windows Mobile, and .NET applications quickly and effi ciently.
- Visual C# is a programming language that combines programming elements of C++ with an easier, rapid development environment.
4.- XML separates the Web page content from its format, allowing the Web browser to display the contents of a Web page in a form appropriate for the display device. For example, a smart phone, a PDA, and a notebook computer all could display the same XML page or use different formats or sections of the XML page.
Describe two applications of XML :
1) RSS Rich Site Summary is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.
2) The Atom Syndication Format is an XML language used for web feeds, while the Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub or APP) is a simple HTTP-based protocol for creating and updating web resources.
5. -Review the program code and review all the documentation.
-Proper documentation greatly reduces the amount of time a new programmer spends learning about existing programs.